Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Life

I was looking though my journal the other day, and I used to be very diligent in writing in my journal when I was in college. I used to write every day. I found this entry that I had written, and it kind of reminded me of what I wanted for myself and I thought I would share what I had written.

Wednesday, March 1st 2000 age 20

My life has been a very good one so far. I have accomplished much, and have learned much too. And as I look to the future, there are many things that I wish for my life to hold. I really am looking forward to growing in love with someone, a great man of God. I can't for for him to take me to the temple and we are able to be together for time and all eternity. I cannot wait to share my life with someone and learn and grow with them. I look forward to learning to work with him and work with possibly two different opinions. I want to learn to compromise and if one cannot be reached, then I will look forward to the kissing and making up part that comes after an argument. I know that I must never let the sun set on an argument. I look forward to becoming a mother and the joys that can bring. I look forward to becoming pregnant, and feeling our child grow within me, and sharing that experience with him. I look forward to teaching that child the truths about the gospel and how they must love their Heavenly Father. I want to teach them, and watch them try things on their own. I want to stay up late wondering if I have done alright, and if my children will make it well in the world. I look forward to going to my children's events and cheering them on as they do their best. I hope to have a husband that would be as excited about these things as I am. I look forward to struggling in marriage and the closeness we will achieve because of it. I look forward to loving someone with all my heart and soul, and being able to grow old with that love. I do not know when my chance will come but I know my waiting will only allow my future husband to grow into a better person as I am continuing to do so. I will have my prince charming some day soon, and I will do whatever it takes to live happily ever after. My husband and I will do whatever it takes to return to our Heavenly Father. To have a family forever is one of the greatest things I could ever hope for. I cannot wait to find the right person, that we can eventually be God's and Goddesses together. I want to love and be loved in return.
I cannot predict exactly what my life will hold, I can only hope for good things to come. I know there will be hard times, but as it says in my patriarchal blessing "I know that you are aware that you came to this earth to overcome trials and tribulations. You will be able to deal with these difficulties and even master them. Whether it be in sickness, caring for loved ones or whatever may be, you must pull upon the powers of heaven and you will recognize the strength that is there for you and for those around you." I know that I will learn much and come out a better person in the end. My husband and I must work together. We must do as the scriptures day and become as one. I am so excited to find out what the rest of my life has in store for me. I just cannot wait to get started on all this. BEST THING IN LIFE Pictures, Images and Photos

5 comments:

Amanda Idell said...

I really loved this post.. I think it is something all women think about at that age and even up until they actually get it too.

shahna said...

Wow! So cool! It makes me wish I was a journal writer so I could think profound things like that.

Snarky Belle said...

May all your dreams come true.
You are precious!

Anonymous said...

WOW, you never cease to amaze me in how well you put thoughts into words. I guess that is one of the qualities that god has blessed you with. I continue to enjoy everything you post because that's what makes you who you are. You are truely a great person!
-Chet-

Unknown said...

Just goes to show you've always known exactly what you wanted! Too bad more people don't have that quality - be happy with the fact that when you put your mind to something you can achieve most anything! <3