Thursday, October 16, 2008

Much Ado about Love

I was having a conversation with a friend earlier tonight, and it got me to thinking. Why is it, that I have only been out of a relationship for 2 months, and I am wanting to find that special someone again. I was hurt, and hurt bad but I'm beginning to thing that I love love. Its not something I would ever call myself an expert at, but Ive had a taste, and I want more. It's a wondrous thing. It's a cure-all. Add a little love to your life and everything else just seems to fall into place. Even if every other aspect of your life sucks, having someone to hold onto, to tell you everything will be ok, makes everything better. I think it's time to let it take over again. Let it rule. As time goes by, I find myself unable to trust more and more people, I fear pain that lack of love or the loss of love brings. But I figure, the joy of having love, far outweighs the fear of losing it.

love Pictures, Images and Photos


There are many different kinds of love. I love my family and I love my friends, but there is just something about having that one person who gets you, and loves you unconditionally. They put up with all those crazy things you do or say that makes you the wacky person that you are. I have decided that true loneliness exists when you have lost love. I used to be fine being single, but all that seemed to change after finally falling in love. What is it about love a that makes being single feel so wrong?

Love Pictures, Images and Photos


Having that one person in your life who is your biggest fan is very fulfilling. I love my family and friends, but they will always be there no matter what (at least I hope they will). It's at least partially due to obligation. Finding someone else in the universe who can't bear to be only your friend and has to have the whole you and is willing to still give you everything that your family and friends give you and so much more is the essential (and difficult) part. I have been fortunate enough to have experienced such love in my life and once I had my taste of it, I am finding it more and more difficult to imagine life without it.
Love can kill you, but love can bring you right back to life, too. Love is just too good to pass up. Too good to ignore. Why resist it? Just enjoy it while it lasts and do your best to make it do just that. And if you can't make it last, at least make sure it's not your last one. And hopefully learn from your past mistakes. Do love wrong and the only way to get it back on your side is to take care of it better in the future.

LOVE Pictures, Images and Photos


A lot of people wonder why love isn't working for them, but too many people don't do enough work on it themselves. Sure, you might get lucky and stumble upon it, but you have to put in a little effort if you want to keep it going strong. You've simply got to put in the work if you want it to work for you. People, like myself, spend so much time finding reasons not to love that they miss out on something wonderful right there in front of them. They scare themselves out of it. I have seen it, and done it myself. Or sometimes people start second guessing themselves (myself included) and freak themselves out thinking about why someone loves them instead of just embracing it and enjoying it. A lot of people surely rush into love. That happens all the time. I've seen that, too. But I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about those instances where someone you know truly loves someone and they don't even know it. Or they don't see how much someone truly loves them. Or they won't let themselves get past a certain point. They even almost see it themselves. It's right there. It's so close, but they just can't close the deal, because they're scared or they're just not sure. My advice, and this is only advice as it is something I have had to come to terms with myself, its to trust yourself. Don't worry about putting a time frame on love, love knows no rules or boundaries. You know if something feels right, you don't need someone else to tell you its love. You just know. Its a great feeling, so why fight it? This world would be a whole lot better if we all had somebody to love and who loved us back. For that is the greatest gift of all. I hope that one day, I might have the joy that is love back in my life to stay.

(thanks for taking the time to read this one, I know it was long, I just had a lot to say)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's such a wonderful thing to desire love, crave love, and above all, love being in love. I hope that over time you truely find someone to share true love with again. Life is sometimes almost unbearable not having love especially after you have been in love before. It's very difficult sometimes to find yourself sharing time with that special someone wondering when and if you will fall in love with them. Without a doubt it happens if it is suppose to. It is something that consumes you and fills every ounce of your sole to make you feel complete and whole.

Anonymous said...

continued......Just remember not to rush love because it can lead to failure and ultimately kill something so wonderful almost immediately. Once you find love, remember to take a deep breath and take things slow and when you know that the feelings are mutual over time embrace it and don't be scared to share it because it is better to have loved than to have never loved before.

Anonymous said...

It's very difficult to fall in love again especially after you have been crushed in a relationship/marriage thinking that you had done nothing wrong, thinking you gave it your all, and giving more energy and effort than you had ever given before. You begin to imagine, is being in love truely worth all the pain and suffering that one has to endure once it ends. You endure months of pain , aches, and crying and become scared of love and everything that goes with it. It's a hard thing to find yourself falling in love once again when you have been crushed by someone's hatred and mean spirited ways just to sit and imagine, will this happen again. This time around you want to do things right and make sure everything falls into place

Anonymous said...

continued......you don't want to hurt someone else but more importantly you don't want to go through the hurt yourself again. You hope that even the ones you care about will still be there to comfort you and realize that it takes time to get over a love once had in order to be able to find love again. Remember true love starts with that intense desire to be around that special someone and to become their best friend first whether it takes months or years. You get lost in conversation sometimes about nothing at all with the simple thought that you just wanna get to know that person and will never rush for something to happen for fear that it may turn sour.
-Chet-

Anonymous said...

You do also realize that the person that you could fall in love with or that may become that special someone for you may be right in front of you looking into your eyes desiring to be around you and to be close to you just praying that things will change and be perfect. You are a probably one of the most wonderful people I have ever met and remember I'm still here no matter what. Life takes sometimes takes some figuring out and is never easy!
-Chet-

Amanda Idell said...

I think Chet said it all.