Friday, September 12, 2008

Weather Forcast

One thing I really enjoy and have often taken a few moments out of my evening to indulge in is gazing at the stars. This particular time out from the real world often occurs when I am out with my dogs. I always take out my dogs before going to bed for the night, it usually occurs between the hours of 3-5am. Its a wonderful time, when all the world is asleep and its relatively quite and I am just left with the beautiful night sky. I'm always at awe at its beauty. Its so beautiful, wide and open. It goes on for forever. The clouds are so high and the stars are so beautiful and bright. Stars are one of my favorite things. They are just so magical and wondrous.


But I guess not all weather is magical and wonderful as the beautiful night sky. There has been a lot of talk about Hurricane Ike and its intended path for Texas. Many are afraid that it will be another Katrina. All the red cross and other "rescue and aid bringing" company's are preparing for the worst. I some times feel as though that is what I am doing. I feel like I know bad things are coming and I am putting up the sand bags and preparing for the worst. I had built up "levee's" around my heart, things that I thought would protect my heart. I wanted to be sure that I would never have to experience heartache. I was always going to be prepared for the worst. But I let down my guard, and I let someone in, and although it was a fabulous time, in the end, it was a disaster. I had my own "hurricane Katrina." It may have not been as disastrous but it was detrimental none the less. And over the last month I have done my best to rebuild, but I feel like I must prepare for another "hurricane Ike" or the next bad thing to come along. But I don't want to be this way... I want to just allow myself to enjoy life. I want to enjoy God's beautiful creations, I want to stare at the night sky and think of happy times. I am going move forward and enjoy life, and not just think of the bad that could be coming, but know that for now I am protected. I am safe and protected from harm, and I can only hope that my leaks have been mended and I can one day soon let down my guard, and let someone in again. For there is nothing in the world that could ever make me happier. I want to enjoy the beauty that is around me.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! You made me cry....not only are the pictures beautiful, so are YOU! G T