Saturday, September 20, 2008

Beyond exhausted!

I'm so freakin' exhausted! I rarely do 3 shifts in a row anymore, its just too hard on my system, but back everything! Being at work for 39 hours in 3 days its freakin' too much! I guess my back decided to agree with me because I am already in so much pain I can barely walk and I still have 4 hours to go! Of course I have a patient who is having problems keeping his oxygen saturations up and he is the one at the end of the hall, AND I'm having to bend over him to reposition him and I swear my back is just going to give out and i'm going to collapse on him. Not so good!



I finally heard back from the job that I applied for, after a month! So I am hoping that they ask me to come in and interview. I really do like my hospital job, and I'm really going to miss the kids, but the nights are just too hard on me, and not to mention all the bending has just gotten too hard on my back. I can't live in this much pain all the time. January would be my 3 year mark working here. Who knows maybe I will take a year off and want to come back, but I'm hoping that if I can do a m-f 9-5 kind of job then I can go back and get my bachelors degree. Texas Women's University has an online bridge to bachelors for RN's, so I am thinking that is a good idea for me. I am really in the need of some changes in my life. I think new job and school are a good idea.

Also, really good news, I am getting another roommate. So I guess this can be good or bad proven my past history. But her name is Karrie and she is a special ed teacher, she seems way nice and it will be so nice to have the extra money for my bills. Cause my credit cards are screamin' lol. She is supposed to move in next weekend when i'm out of town in Austin, so hopefully all will go well!

5 comments:

Lauralee Altice said...

YAY! New roomie!
I quit the sleep training thing because I wasn't sure if Camden was getting sick because he threw up twice on Wednesday and twice on Thursday.

Unknown said...

Hey if your roomate is moving in then we can postpone your visit if you want?

grammie said...

Seems like you decided to change everything all at once. Well, change can be good. Sorry to hear that you are in so much pain from the back. I feel the same way about my foot. It really takes a lot out of you and you have a demanding job too! Well, I have rambled enough for now. I am liking your blog. Aren't you glad I suggested it? nancy

Rachel Mohat said...

Yes I am glad that you told me to make the blog, however I was blogging before, just on myspace. But I probably didn't do it quite this much.

grammie said...

But I couldn't read it on myspace, so I am happy you did this. Now I can get a Krusty fix online. Nancy