Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Frustrating

Last night, right after I posted my blog, my computer just up and died on me. Not like died, just needs more battery power, or just needs a break, like dead dead. No bringing it back to life. D.O.A. I had only had my lap top for about 18 months, and wouldn't ya know I didn't get the extended warranty. I called dell but all they could do was have me pay 50 bucks over the phone and they could try and diagnose my problem over the phone. If that didn't work then I could pay for someone to come out and look at my computer and if they determined nothing could be done, then well...I was screwed. I tried the typical, unplugging it, letting it rest, taking the battery out, etc. No measure of life saving techniques I possessed brought my laptop back to life. To some this may not be a big deal, but to me, my computer is my life. Well, other than my cell phone. But I cannot survive without these two things.



I can't explain this "need" to my mother, she just doesn't get it. She would be just fine if she didn't have her computer for a while. And while I know it won't kill me, (I have had to go months without a computer of my own before), I don't want to risk it to find out. So I sucked it up and bought a new laptop. While I admit my new Hp is very pretty and Im sure will eventually be a lot of fun, it is no fun getting a new computer. I had the old one configured just how I liked it. I knew how to work it, I knew where things were. This one I have to re-download everything under the song, I had several hundred songs on itunes that will all have to be re-downloaded. Its just a hassle. Now im just crossing my fingers that it wasn't something stupid that killed my other computer, and could be easily fixed.

No comments: