Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Some things never change

My mom was looking through some old things trying to write some family history about a year or so ago, and she came across this letter that I wrote to her when I was around 10 years old and it was just too cute not to share with everyone else. I put this on my myspace blog about a year ago, so those of you who read that, may have already seen this.

Dear Mom,

I have to ask you a few things like why do I have to go to bed so early. In my life I don't think I have met a person who has the same bedtime as me. Some people don't even have an assigned bedtime but if they do it's about 10:00 at the earliest not 8 or 9. If I do have to go to bed when I'm not a bit tired I should be at least be able to talk since my body is all ready resting. I don't get it why you tell me how long I have been in bed as though I am supposed to fall asleep the second my head hits the pillow. The reason why I want to stay up is not because everyone else is doing it. It is because I'm just not tired. I sleep in late because I am not tired when you put me to bed so when I try to stay up the next night you try to put me to bed even earlyer (haha even back then I sucked at spelling) so I won't sleep in and it just doesn't work. And now that I have to earn to spend the night with someone and my T.V. privleges were taken away until Sunday I might as well die this week. At home there is nothing to do except watch T.V. Its really hard to do anything because you babysit till six sometimes even till 6:30 and I have til 8:00 to live my life. I only have 4 friends so it is not like I have many sleepovers anyway. Another thing is you get mad at me when I talk. Well thats my way of showing you that I'm mad. When you are mad you scream and rant and rave and I just say something back. Right now im a little confused. Because I'm not a child but I'm not a teenager or an adult so I never know what to do when we have people over for dinner because I can't listen to the adult conversations but I am not going to play with little kids.

Could you help work something out with me?

Love,

Rachel
Taylor

LOL, I guess some things never change with me. I love dramatic children, and I was one of them. I guess going with out TV might as well lead to death. LOL


1 comment:

Lauralee Altice said...

haha....life is so rough when you are ten!