Saturday, September 6, 2008

Drowning

Ever feel like in the "boat of life" you are taking on more water than you seem to be able to get rid of?


That you are drowning and are reaching out for help for something to keep you afloat but the things that you grab on to, the things you take hold of to bring you back, to give you some sense of stability are not really floatation devices or anything that will give you aid. In fact they are more like weights, things meant to drag you down even further. There are days where I feel like I'm in spiraling funnel. Like I want to grab onto the sides to stop myself from slipping even further but there are no holding devices, nothing to help me stop. There are days where I feel fine, where I'm "happy" and content but those days are quickly followed by bad ones, and the bad ones seem to out number the good these days. Maybe its just emotions talking, I guess its a bad time of the month, but I went from feeling so happy, a few months ago, like I had everything going for me. And now I feel like life has given me one hell of kick in the pants and I'm sprawled out on the ground. Now I want to get up, but every time I try someone steps on me. It really isn't this bad, I'm drowning in a 3 foot pool. I'm in the shallow end and all I have to do is stand up and I will be ok, but its just not happening.



No comments: