Monday, September 22, 2008

A helping hand

So I was contemplating a topic in which to blog about tonight, and since nothing was coming to mind im going to attempt to write about Jenn's suggestion, a topic that is more about me, and who I am. I have never been one who likes to deal with my own problems. I am not one that likes emotions, and so I would rather not deal with them at all if I don't have to. I have found that it is sort of my M.O. if you will, that when my life has got me down I find someone else to help. Helping others, as odd as it may seem, helps me. When I am able to forget my troubles and help others, it makes my problems seem so much smaller than they are. So while I have been dealing with a broken heart, and all that entails, I found someone else's problems that seem to be bigger than mine. And while this friend seems to be suffering from a similar problem, a broken heart, his problem is by far worse than mine. Now a divorced single father, the extent of his broken heart far outreaches mine. And so I find myself with a person to "help." Help him heal from his shattered heart and as a nice side effect, I heal from mine.


"Having your heart broken hurts! And it PHYSICALLY hurts...heart ache is truly an ache. A physical pain. I know how hard it is to fight off the evil, Mr. Discouragement monster. (and yes, the discouragement monster is male...lol) There are days when you want to just evaporate. To vanish into thin air. To cease to exist. I know. And I know that those are just the thoughts in the far back corners of your mind and the pit of your heart because logically, you KNOW that vanishing or ceasing to be is not an option...but that doesn't mean you don't long for it sometimes.
I know that you just want the pain to STOP. That you just want to QUIT feeling! But you're wise beyond most because you know that if you quit feeling the bad, the pain, the discouragement...that you'll also quit feeling the little rays of sunshine that occasionally burst through the kerlex that's wrapped around your bruised, battered and tender heart. But it will get better, I PROMISE!!!" (Thanks to Monica for the fabulous advice that i was able to pass on!)

No comments: