Friday, September 26, 2008

Please say no to the muffin top

I know the skinny jean is supposed to be up with the latest trend but let me just bluntly put this out there in a nice way ladies, "PLEASE stop lying to yourselves and get pants that will cover not just your crack, but every other piece of flubber that flaps around down there!" It's not just you that has to deal with your pants choice, but its everyone else you come in contact with. It's an eye sore!


I'm not even sure pulling your shirt over it helps!

On one incident I was at a store and I saw a girl struggling to walk up what was a few steps to me, but by her facial expression she looked like she just got done a triathlon. If she had some circulation in her legs she may be able to breath a little. The tightness, however, was NOT the issue. The issue in her case was the infamous "muffin top."

The "muffin top" is a word coined by Australian comedians Kath and Kim, meaning when a woman wears a pair of tight jeans that makes her flab spill out over the waistband, just like the top of a muffin sits over the edge of the paper case. It's a word used to describe one who's fat is desperately trying to escape the suffocation from tight jeans resulting in the fat tumbling over.

Photobucket

Who on earth thinks this looks good?

Though, the effect is more extreme with heavier females, all females, with the exception of anorexic models, can fall victim to the muffin-top disaster. The reason for this, is that the design of low-rise/hip-hugger pants, originally popular during the late 60's and early-to-mid 70's, defies the natural shape and contours of the average females' body; forcing the skin and fat around her waist, back and upper buttocks to spill out over her pants and through her tiny crop-top, causing a muffin-top effect.

I want to know why girls think this is acceptable or in any way attractive? I know we have all put on some weight and just want to fit into our smaller jeans, but please do us all a favor and buy a size bigger! I promise it will make you look 10 pounds skinner!

5 comments:

Amanda Idell said...

Amen!

shahna said...

You know what they say..."eating too many muffin tops = a muffun top!" LOL Actually the one that bothers me more is when the middle aged mother of 3 bends over and shows everyone her sexy thong/floss. ewwww.

Heather Atchley said...

Bwahahaha! Love the pictures! So true, if women/girls just bought *gasp* a bigger size they would look slimmer and smoother.

Unknown said...

You're just saying they're sexy because you have one and can't seem to get rid of it, Wild Tengu. Don't try to fool yourself

LexieDi said...

Women (and men, for that matter, also) aren't here as decoration to your world, so get over it. I love my "flubber" and will show it off in tight pants or a bikini if I want to. Don't objectify people as if we have to bend to society's shallow rules of beauty. I really don't care if my body's an eyesore to you. It's not to me, that's what matters.

KISSES!
-LexieDi