Thursday, September 11, 2008

Laughing with Ellen

I have written a few blogs about things that I enjoy, things that make me who I am, things that make me happy. So to continue with that tradition I decided to write about another thing that makes me happy. This time it would have to be the person that just has the funniest personality ever and that is Ellen Degeneres. I haven't been a long time follower of Ellen, I frankly just never was home or awake when she is on air, and it was just something I never thought of. But I have my sister Lauralee to thank for showing me what a funny comedian she is. Her show has got to just be the funniest thing ever! And I am so glad that her new season has started this weeks, and also that I have DVR to be able to record them all so that the laughs never stop. She also has blogs that she writes on her website every now and then, and there are some that literally leave me in tears.

the great ellen degeneres Pictures, Images and Photos


SLEEP BLOGGING

I have been waking up in the middle of the night lately...and it's always at 3 o'clock in the morning. You can set a clock to it. If anyone needs a wake up call at 3AM, I am happy to do it. In fact, its me who keeps calling Hillary Clinton in all those commercials. I have no trouble falling asleep. Its just once I wake up, I can't get back to sleep. Then I hear sprinklers somewhere. "Are those my sprinklers? Is that in the front yard? Do they go on in the backyard at the same time? That's a lot of water. How do sprinklers work? I'm sort of thirsty. If I go into the kitchen, I'll be up for hours. No. I 'm just gunna go back to sleep. I'm lying in bed, I'm tired; it's a perfect recipe for sleep. Here I go..." Then I hear that bird! That one relentless bird. He has a whole routine. It's a musical number, really. It's like Mariah Carey's in a tree outside my bedroom window. The sun isn't up yet, why is that bird? I realize the early bird gets the worm, but he's just singing. He's not even looking for a worm. If he were, his singing would scare them away. Maybe he has insomnia too. But why does he have to take us all with him? I'm not calling everyone I know just cause I can't sleep. "Hi, whatcha doin'? Sleeping? Lucky you." Are the other birds as aggrivated as I am? A little later in the night, I hear another bird start singing along. At least it sounds like he's singing along...he's probably saying...he's probably saying, "Shut up!"



This was on Tuesdays show I thought it was pretty funny, Ellen talking to Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh two time olympic gold metalist in beach volleyball.


No comments: