Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tis the Season

For those of you who don't follow Natalie's blogs, there was a blog she wrote called An Open Letter to Mr and/or Mrs Grouchy-Pants. While the humor found in this blog was very typical Natalie aka Snarkie Belle, it has been something that has been on my mind a lot the last few weeks. I am not usually one that likes to get into the hustle and bustle of "the season." I love to gift gifts to those I care about, so its a great excuse to do that, but what I don't care about is the constant music starting after Halloween, and the crowds, oh how I hate the crowds!!!
I needed to do some grocery shopping tonight. I tried to go to Kroger first, my mom tried to tell me it would be cheaper than Walmart plus I figured there would be less crowds. But after picking up 5 things and finding every single one of them more expensive, I decided to make my way to Walmart. I didn't even try to find a close parking spot, I knew there was no use. Needless to say, Walmart was pure chayos. It took me close to an hour to make my way up and down the food isles. Don't get me wrong, I did it with a smile and said hi to people as I passed by, but it wasn't easy. At one point, when I was in line and then I realized I forgot something, I knew it was going to delay me a great deal, I tried singing Christmas songs to myself. That is so not typical me, but I wanted to stay happy and not let this madness get me down. I did not want to be Ms Grouchy-pants! So I made it out alive, and everyone lived to see another day. Now hopefully I can avoid that "fun time" againt til after Christmas. But u had better believe, I will do it all again once Christmas is over. I need a good crazy sale to cheer me up. TIS THE SEASON!!!

christmas is cancelled Pictures, Images and Photos

2 comments:

Snarky Belle said...

I am so proud you and everyone else made it out with no battle wounds! :)
Also, I LOVE the Santa died laughing bit...so funny!

Lauralee Altice said...

Congrats on making it through WalMart during this time of year with a smile. I avoid that place at all costs because it just gets so crazy! I love the Christmas note at the end too!