Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Take Cover

At around 11 o' clock last night my sister Lauralee called me at the request of my mother to ask me if the tornado sirens were going off because they just had there, and according to the news it was headed my way. I told her that my back door was open, that I had a fire going and that it was just sprinkling and that I was sure I was going to be fine. She hung up. Not even a minute after that the sirens started going off. And with my door open I could hear someone over a loud speaker at the high school across the freeway say that "this was a tornado warning and to take cover." I still really wasn't worried, ive heard it many times before living in McKinney. But I turned on the news on channel 8 to humor my mother. And then my mom called again. She said that it was not far from where I lived and that I needed to listen to what she said and to take cover. So I hung up and watch the tv for a bit longer, and then decided to humor her. What could it hurt. So I grabbed the dogs bones and their big pillow and went into the hall bathroom. The dogs were quite nervous, they didn't enjoy being confined into that little bathroom. So when I climbed in the tub to sit, Daisy climbed in with me too. It wasn't but a minute or two that we were in there, before my mom called and first told me to get a blanket to put over my head but shortly after that told me that it appeared to be going east and that i should be in the clear to get out. But since we were crammed in the tub together, I decided to take a few pics. I was laughing the whole time, I probably should have been scared but I wasn't.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

7 comments:

Lauralee Altice said...

Better safe than sorry right. What is Daisy looking at?

Rachel Mohat said...

I have no clue i couldn't figure it out, she was looking at like the curtains and faucet but not sure why. Dorky dog!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha too funny! Dorky dogs with their silly master!

Unknown said...

Awww what would you do without willing subjects for all those pics you take? :)

Rachel Mohat said...

Probably just takes pictures of myself lol

Morgan said...

They are cute!!

Heather Atchley said...

Heh, heh, but Daisy looks sad.....or something! Our bedroom closet is our sanctuary during these things.