Sunday, December 28, 2008

That thing called life

Photobucket


I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once. ~Jennifer Yane

Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are. ~Chinese Proverb

This past week I have been under an intense amount of stress. I don't like this. Stress is something I try to avoid at all costs. Some people would say its the "holidays." Though the holidays can be a stressful time, I can't put all the blame on that. My job is most definitely a large source of stress for me. It always is this time of year. We are busy, VERY busy this time of year! Its respiratory season, which means tons of patients with RVS, Asthma and Pneumonia and a lot of times a combination of 2. We have some extremely sick kiddos and a large portion of the kids are under a month old. As a nurse we are taught that "air goes in and out, blood goes round and round and anything different is something to worry about. As difficult as it seems this whole air going in and out thing is sometimes a really HARD thing for these kids. Especially the little babies with RSV. Some nights its like I can never get a break because im constantly running from room to room because all my patients are dropping in their oxygen saturation. Its hard work!
And sadly my job is not my only stressor right now. I have had a lot of stressors in my dealings with others. I have the unanswered questions of the future, the dealings with unhappy friends. And I do try and do as the quote I have posted says and take life one day at a time. But there are just those times when life takes u by storm and you are knocked off your feet before you know it. I need a break. I need a time out from my brain. I just want to check out for a while til the stress subsides. Is that really possible?

1 comment:

Snarky Belle said...

You are such a trooper. I admire your strength. Just remember, all of the people you worry about already have a Savior...you can only do so much, then you have to let it go. You are a wonderful woman! Thanks for all the good you do in this world..you are making a difference! :)