Friday, December 5, 2008

Alter Ego?

Claire Bennett Pictures, Images and Photos

A cheerleader, Claire has the power of rapid cellular regeneration. allowing her to recover from almost any injury within seconds to minutes — though she does need larger, embedded foreign objects (such as a branch or a shard of glass) to be manually removed from her body, or bones pushed back into position for the wounds to heal properly. Various characters in the series imply that having her brain removed would permanently kill her; however, Sylar, after studying and taking her power, not only remarks that he wouldn't be able to kill her even if he wanted to, but that she will never die. In addition to simple healing, she experiments with the limits of her powers, cutting off a toe. A new toe rapidly grows into place. When her blood is injected into others, they are also healed, even if they were dead for a while, with no apparent ill-effects

Recently the singer Beyonce recently put out an album in which she entitled Sasha Fierce.

"I have someone else that takes over when it's time for me to work and when I'm on stage, this alter ego that I've created that kind of protects me and who I really am," the former Destiny's Child frontwoman said in a statement.

"Sasha Fierce is the fun, more sensual, more aggressive, more outspoken side and more glamorous side that comes out when I'm working and when I'm on the stage."

This who concept got me thinking. Does everyone really have an alter ego? Someone who they may not really be "them" but someone they can become if they need to. I think that this is most definitely something that I have. Growing up I was always a more shy person. However my mom always tried to instill in me, that how I feel that I am doesn't always have to be who I really am. But im comfortable being quiet and reserved. And so I have come to feel that there are two sides to me. This is the Rachel that I know and I am comfortable with. She is quite, and reserved. She waits until other people talk to her in a crowd. She is a real thinker and tries to keep all emotions in check. But there is another side to me. The "alter ego" per say. This Rachel is funny, and carefree. She approaches others and makes friends with all. Shes confident and emotional. Its quite funny to think about, I feel as though I have a split personality. But there really are two sides to me. Certain traits that kick on and off depending on my surroundings, situation and, quite frankly time of the month. I need an alter ego name...any ideas??? LOL

4 comments:

Lauralee Altice said...

The alter ego of Rachel Taylor is Margaret Smith. That's what some website said at least when I typed in your name :)

Lauralee Altice said...

Your alter ego is the name which is most similar to yours in terms of popularity and gender, according to common usage on web pages.

Rachel Mohat said...

Well that just screams retard bookworm now doesn't it? BORING, I want a redo!

Holls said...

Hahahahaha yeah that name sucked! But I can't think of a name right now. Anything but Margaret lol