Friday, January 23, 2009

T.G.I.F.

Its been a really really long week for me. Im exhausted, I want nothing to do but to go home eat and sleep. Of course that doesn't happen, but its what my body wants. I can fall asleep, IF I take a large amount of muscle relaxers, but like last night, I went to sleep by 11. Then I woke up at 3, 4, 5 and 6 it was frustrating. I have been in training for half the week for one program this company does, but there are so many other I know nothing about. They have patients in this program called C.L.A.S.S. I don't understand much about it other than I know its for patients with mental disabilities such as downs syndrome or cerebral palsy. This is a program I want to become intimately involved in because this is the type of patients I would interact with in the hospital. I love this kids especially the downs syndrome kiddos. But like today, the C.L.A.S.S. coordinator is telling me about this patient that is wanting to transfer to our services. Only problem is, I don't understand the program, what is allowed what needs to be done. This kid needs someone with her at all times but she needs nursing care and I can't be there everyday, so its up to me to decide of I want to delegate those tasks to an "attendant" but if they screw up, its MY licence. Ummm no, I worked too hard to get that just to throw it away. But I don't know what the do's and don'ts are with this company, I need more guidance and yet the nurses at the Abilene office are supposed to train me, but I don't blame them for not wanting to drive 3 hours plus everyday to train with me. There is way too much to learn, and I have no one to teach me, and I can't learn it all on my own. Talk about stress!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww.... hang in there Rachel.

Love the picture. :)

Amanda said...

:( I hope this all works out:( Sounds VERY stressful.....and this company sounds like they are not giving you enough training!