Sunday, January 4, 2009

Amazing!

Tonight my friend Monica and I had a girls night. We had fun as always. We had dinner, ice cream and we managed to squeeze in two movies. The first of two we say was Seven Pounds.

seven pounds Pictures, Images and Photos
This was a simply amazing movie! Had me feeling emotions I was not prepared to feel. It was thought provoking, emotional and a fabulous performance by Will Smith And Rosario Dawson.

The Second was Marley and Me. Photobucket I have read the book. And I LOVED the book. There was so much I could relate to having a lab myself. There are many characteristics that Marley possessed that I can see in my dog Daisy. The movie was amazing! It is definitely something that everyone needs to see. It was fun to see the book come to life. While there were many details about Marley that were covered in the book it still is one for eveyone to love.

"What I really wanted to say was how this animal had touched our souls and taught us some of the most important lessons od our lives. 'A person can learn a lot from a dog, even a loopy one like ours,' I wrote. "Marley taught me about living each day with unbridled exuberance and joy, about seizing the moment and following your heart. He taught me to appreciate the simple things- a walk in the woods, a fresh snowfall, a nap in a shaft of winter sunlight. And as he grew old and achy, he taught me about optimism in the face of adversity. Mostly, he taught me about friendship and selflessness and, above all else, unwavering loyalty"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to see Marley & Me, but I don't know if I can handle him dying in the end! I know - I'm so wimpy! Glad you had a fun night out - I'm going to have to try 2 movies on my next girl's night out! Hey, I'm still waiting on the Part 2! :)