Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A few have been asking

A few people have been asking some questions about my new job and my new roommate so I thought I would put my answers in a separate blog so as to make it easier on the responses.

First matter of business, my job...my last shift at the hospital will be my wednesday night shift. After that I will have 4 days off in observance of my dreaded birthday on Friday in which I will be turning 29. *gags* Then on monday I will be starting my training for a home health agency called Caprock Home Health agency. As you can see they hope to cover an extremely large area all over the DFW metroplex. I am hoping they really don't plan to send me to all those places but who knows. This place started out in Lubbock and the Richardson location is pretty new. I am actually the first staff RN they have hired. The good thing about this job is its going to be a lot easier on my back. I have a bulging disc in my low back for the past 10 years, but working in nursing especially in the hospital, the past 3 years has made it get progressively get worse to where im always in pain. So with this new job I am not going to be bending and lifting. (my back breaths a large sign of relief) I will be assessing the new patients and filling out lots and im told LOTS of paperwork. Then i will create a care plan for the patient and decide what care they will need etc. I don't exactly know my whole job assignment but they ensured me it will not be actual patient care because I told them I want to save my back. The other good thing about this job is I will be returning to the hours of the rest of the human race. I will be a salaried worker working M-F 8-5. No more weekends, no more nights and no more holidays except when i have to take call.

The second a few people have been asking is about my new roommate. Yes my new roommate Melissa moved in a little over a week ago. She is only here in Texas til the end of April while doing an internship at Cooper Aerobic Institute. She is extremely sweet and so far we have been getting along greatly. And for those who asked, this is what she looks like (so Shahna you can see if you spot her while you are working out and for Josh to see if she was in any of your Exercise Science classes at BYU)

Photobucket
I stole a halloween pic off her facebook

Photobucket

Shes on the left

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Good luck at the new job and Happy birthday:) Thanks for posting about the zythromycian! I will never makes my kids have it again!!!!