Thursday, January 15, 2009

Girls don't make passes at boys with fat....behinds

I subscribe to this girls blogs on myspace, she write a new blog every day, she is quite the excellent little writer, but this blog had me laughing soooooooo hard! I had to share!

Every now and then some guy will announce on my blog that he has to draw the line at dating fat chicks. Come on, he'll say. He has a right to have standards too.

And you can pretty much bet money that when you click on that guy's picture what you're going to find is something a whole lot like this:

Even worse are the ones who look like that but don't seem to realize it. You know the type. The guy who will say things like, "I like to keep myself healthy and I expect my woman to do the same." He'll even claim to be a gym-rat...while all the time you're looking at his picture and thinking, "Is he for REAL?"

But men seem to think there's a double standard. Women must stay in shape. We must be thin, toned, and never dare to eat a piece of chocolate or skip a workout. They, on the other hand, are free to sit on the sofa downing Ho-hos like they're going out of style while drooling over the latest commercial for Victoria's Secret. "THAT is the woman for me," they'll say. "I just can't seem to find her."

There's a reason for that. In case I need to remind you...you look like this:

This...

...says you need to investigate the possibility of a sit-up or two. Because this...

...hasn't missed a workout in six years. Sometimes she even works out twice, just in case some fat might be clinging to a rib somewhere. This...

...just, quite simply, isn't going to fit in with your lifestyle. Even IF she can get past the point that your belly makes her want to puke, picture how your life will be.

You: Honey, I think we should go out for dinner. We've had bean sprouts and cottage cheese for four nights straight and I want some real food.
Her: Sure, honey-bun. Let's go.

You: (A few minutes later, in the car.) How about Pizza Hut?
Her: (Wrinkling her nose.) Oh. My. God. Are you kidding? Do you know how long it will take me to work off the calories in just one cheese slice? I'll be in the gym all day tomorrow. No thank you. Name something else.
You: (Frowning, because you are DYING for a slice of pizza or ten.) Ummm... How about Antonio's?
Her: No way. Pasta? You know I can't have carbs.
You: (Sighing.) Fine. Then you name a place.
Her: The Whole Foods grocery store has a great vegan-style restaurant. I heard the bean sprouts are really good there...

It all sounded SO good when you were imagining your fantasy woman. She looked like that, but she ate like you. She never counted a calorie and she certainly wasn't so obsessed with her looks. Where did you go wrong?

You chose someone who was all wrong for you.

Eventually something's gotta give. Either your dream woman will succumb to your lifestyle and pretty soon BOTH of you will look a little like this:

Or...she'll grow tired of going to the gym alone. She'll dream of vacations involving hiking and lots of activity. You'll dream of laying around on the beach for days. Active people do not want to be stuck with lazy people. Write that down. Even if you're active and just have bad eating habits, how long until she's disgusted with your horrible diet? Once she realizes she can't change you, what do you think will happen?

It IS possible for a completely fit woman to fall for an out-of-shape guy. Happens all the time. But, more often than not, a couple that starts out mismatched ends up fitting together a whole lot more once they settle into day-to-day life. (See picture of couple above.)

But hey, dream big, little fella. If it doesn't work out for you, you'll always have your dreams.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How'd you find that picture of me in my white undies??

Happy Birthday tomorrow!! I want to take you lunch to your favorite Japanese restaurant. Good luck with your new job!!