Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Stressin me out

Photobucket


If you ask what is the single most important key to longevity, I would have to say it is avoiding worry, stress and tension. And if you didn't ask me, I'd still have to say it.

-George Burns

Today has been one heck of a day for me. I, on a usual basis, avoid stress at all costs. I avoid anything that might cause me stress because I can't stand it. I don't know how to relax once I get all wound up, and it takes a toll on my body. I get sick, I break out, I am just miserable. One thing that is really stressful is the unknown and waiting. Just tell me how the book is going to end so I can get on with it, I want to know what is going to happen.
I have a job interview in the morning, and while I have had several job interviews it doesn't stop me from stressing myself silly. I should be sleeping now, but I'm wide awake. I took Tylenol PM almost 2 hours ago, and a muscle relaxant an hour ago and I'm wide awake. I gotta get up in 6 hours, and I have to work tomorrow night so I need some sleep. I need something in my life to be easy, to be uncomplicated, I need to find something I do and do it well. I need that one stable thing that I can count on, that makes the good, the bad, and the ugly easier to deal with. I want this stress to go away!

2 comments:

Heather Atchley said...

Stress is one of my enemies too. A job interview? YAY!!! I was worried that you wouldn't go looking anytime soon and stay miserable with the night shift at the hospital. I hope it goes well and you get the job. Maybe this is the change you need. :)

Amanda Idell said...

Awww I am sorry you have been stressed out. If you even need to vent you can always call if you need to. But I hope your interview goes well, just as long as at the end of the day YOU ARE HAPPY!!!