Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My weekend

Man I am just plumb exhausted, I have been cleaning all the carpets in my house and that is just a lot of hard work!
Anywho, I had a really good weekend this past weekend and thought I would share a little about it. Chet and his daughter Valerie came down this weekend for the first time. Let me tell you I was quite nervous for them to see my house, and meet my family. But it went really good! As soon as they arrived Valerie got dressed in her Dorthy costume from Wizard of Oz for some trick or treating with my sisters Friday night. It was tough work keeping up with Valerie and Macie, they were really enjoying trick or treating and they were running from house to house. After the trick or treating we came back to my parents house so the kids could dump out their candy and examine their loot. We got to hang out and chat with my parents for a bit before leaving to go back to my house. There we had a "slumber party" according to Valerie. She and I sat on the couch together and Chet was stuck on the other couch and we watched movie after movie and ate Buffalo Wild Wings. First we got to watch Over the Hedge, then Sleepover, and last but not least Barnyard. (all Valerie's choice of course, but I can't complain they are movies I own) Valerie and I stayed up til 330am, and Chet fell asleep sometime around 2. Then she decided it would be a good idea if we left him asleep on the couch and she and I had a sleepover in my room.
On Saturday we went to lunch at Jalapeno Tree, and then to my parents for a bit to pick up Macie. (Valerie's new best friend, how quickly I was replaced) We went to the Stonebriar mall for a few hours and Val and I even got to have fun at Build a bear workshop after Macie had to leave to go babysitting.

<span class=

<span class=

<span class=

After the mall we went back to our parents to pick up Macie again since her babysitting job got canceled and Val needed to have her best friend. So then we went out to eat to Olive Garden. We were quite the little "family." Macie and Val booth look a lot alike with their blonde hair, so it was easy to think they were related. Our waiter let me order first and said, "mom what do you want." You should have seen the shocked look on Marcie's face. lol Then later he made some comment about the "sisters." I told Chet that we were really going to rock his perfect idea of us, when we have to ask for separate checks lol.
Later that night we stayed up and watched the big kids choice of To Fast to Furious: Tokyo Drift. Then it was off to sleep so they could leave Sunday morning. It was a fun and pretty relaxing weekend!

<span class=
<span class=
Too tall to play, but oh well
<span class=

Playing with the crabs
<span class=

Riding the Carousel. Don't they look thrilled lol

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you had a great weekend! I knew you would :)

Heather Atchley said...

They DO look like sisters!! Love the Olive Garden story. So you look old enough to have a daughter Macie's age?! Bet that made you feel so wonderful! I just can't believe Macie is old enough to babysit now!

Rachel Mohat said...

Well I am almost 17 years older than Macie. While its not a good scenario, it is feasible. Yeah Macie is 12, and shes a great babysitter, even better than Amy, shes good at playing and getting involved with the kids.