Monday, November 10, 2008

Is this not the cutest thing ever?!?!?

Family Picture Drawing


I went and saw Chet tonight and when I got there, his daughter Valerie gave me this picture. It is a picture of me, her and her dad. She wrote out all of our names on the little purple sticky note on the bottom right hand corner. She explained to me that She and I were wearing crowns cause we were princesses and her dad had a crown it was just a little one. She also put the first letter of each of our names at the top. She told met that I could take the sticky notes off and put them wherever I wanted and that I could take the picture and put it in my room. We settled on the fact that it will look the best hanging on my fridge. What a precious girl! She nearly broke my heart when it came time to put her to bed. She bawled and bawled and bawled. Even after we left the room, Chet pointed out that she was crying my name. So I said I would go back in there and talk to her. She told me that I was her bestest friend ever and she just didn't want me going home. I tried to explain to her that I would see her next week and that she just had to go to school and get smart and then I would see her later. She told me that even if she goes to lots of school, Macie will always be smarter than her cause she already finished first grade. LOL The tears just kept streaming down her face as we talked. Chet came in a few minutes later and tried to reason with her and tell her that it makes it harder on everyone else when she crys. And that it wasn't fair for her to do that. I had to laugh. Girls are girls, they are just emotional and its going to get worse as then get older. Bring on the teenage years where everyone makes them mad, and everything makes them cry.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Very very sweet :)

Heather Atchley said...

What a sweet and somewhat saddening story. Amen about the teenage years! Looking back I can't believe all the silly things I used to cry about!

Lauralee Altice said...

That is too cute! I love that Macie could help her better with her 1st grade stuff! I can't wait to meet her! :)

Anonymous said...

This was a very sweet blog topic. It's tough being a single parent and having a daughter who is the intelligent, funny, and caring. All she wanted was to have a mom to do the things that moms do with their little girls. I know it breaks my heart sometimes because I try to explain to her how hard everything is but I still think I do a pretty good job as a mommy daddy. I just want my lil girl to be happy more than anything in the world and I want her wishes to come true. I will always be there for her when no one else is. It's great that Rachel is such a caring and sweet person and is in our lives.

-Chet-

Anonymous said...

I adore who you are and everything you say and do. You are such a sweet person. You mean the world to me and have touched my heart! I've told you that I'm not that great with words but I do the best I can expressing how I feel. LOL

-Chet-