Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Slow to anger

My sister Sharon and I were talking tonight, and we got on the topic of people who are quick to anger or get annoyed or pissed off. She was saying, that its just not worth it to her to get mad over so many things because if you allow it, you can be annoyed about pretty much anything at any given time. She said, that you can choose to be miserable or you can choose to just let some things slide off your back. When we were younger, our mom tended to get mad over a lot of things, and it became somewhat embarrassing to us. We were often found saying, "mom its really not that big of a deal!" It just wasn't worth the the huge ordeal that was created.
Sharon and I were realizing that we were very similar in this aspect. To us, its just not worth it for us to get mad about everything. We decided that this was a conscious decision we both had made, we choose to not sweat the small stuff, and sometimes some even bigger things. So what if things don't always go the way we had planned!?! Its not like getting upset changes the outcome. So why not work on being slower to anger. It makes relationships with those around you go a lot slower, when you learn to bite your tongue.
I love my talks with Sharon, she is my advice person. She always knows what to say or to make me feel better or to provoke thought. Its good to talk to her every now and then, she helps keep me level headed and grounded. Thank you Sharon for all your thoughts and insites!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Its good to have someone who you can always count on to help you figure things out.

Natalie said...

One of many reasons why I always wanted a sister. You are blessed to have each other, but you already know that! :)