Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Why do people do this?

My moms friend called me this morning all excited because there is a 35 year old divorcee that has two kids that lives in Colorado and I guess he was asking her if she knew anyone who he could possibly date. Apparently she had originally told him no, she didn't know anyone, but she said this morning at 3am she woke up and realized that she had neglected to think of me. After that she couldn't go back to sleep and at 4 she called her husband to have him call the guy and basically interview him to see if she wanted me to talk to him. So she called me at 830am today right after I had gotten to work to tell me that she wanted to give this guy my email. She even proceeded to tell me what he likes to do for fun, that he makes good money, etc etc. She was so hyper and excited telling me about this. She cracks me up, why do people get so much pleasure playing match maker. And at my expense. Why do I want to email this person? Just cause he is looking for someone so therefore we are a perfect match? I don't think so. *sigh*
People always do that, they assume that because we are both Mormon and are currently not married and our ages our somewhere between 0-10 years from each other we are a match made in heaven. My dad has come home and said oh so and so from the stake presidency has a son that is 30 and is not married. Im like okay, and your point is??? LOL In my experience people my age who are single and have never been married have something wrong with them. Either they are holier than thou peter priesthood or they are the wild child from hell. Thats just the way guys are. The good ones are snatched up. But who am I to turn this guy down. Its a simple email and it won't harm me right?
Photobucket

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Lol just think of it as they love you so much and want you to be happy. Never know.. that one guy 'you just HAVE to meet' could be the guy of your dreams.. I love that picture, but why did the poor little dog have to sit there with her? lol

Anonymous said...

Oh Rachel, you crack me up.

Hey, I know a 28 year old that is available.... just say'n. LOL

Heather Atchley said...

Bleh, don't even go there! He is in COLORADO and has 2 kids already! My poor sister has gone through this with my parents. Even when she was in Phoenix my mom was trying to set her up with people there, and yet she lived in Texas! I completely agree with everything that you said in this post. I wonder if Mormons are worse in this respect than an average Joe would be.....

Snarky Belle said...

Rachel, one of many things I love about you is your ability to find humor is any situation. You are funny! And that picture! :)

I'm sorry you have to deal with such things. Hang in there! You are an amazing woman.
(((hugs))) and love to you!