Friday, March 20, 2009

Britney's controversal song

It was a Monday evening. Approximate time? 7:30 p.m. I was on my way home from the grocery store when Britney Spears' new song came on the radio. I loved it...although I found it odd. Who is this Amy person and why is Britney so anxious about her? Is it a lesbian thing? Or is Amy going to kick her butt?

Oh, who cared? I liked the song so I downloaded it to my computer and put it on my MySpace. I must have listened to the song 25 or more times between Monday and Wednesday night. Wednesday night, I was surfing around, looking for something else, when I read a mention of Britney's controversial new song.

Controversial? Why? Maybe THIS was the key to why the song made no sense to me.

The song, If U Seek Amy, the posted the video below (hoping it doesn't become obsolete by the end of the day). Parents are calling for it not to be played during the time kids might be listening because kids will somehow be corrupted by hearing this song?

No, they won't. Unless you TELL them it's controversial.

You'll figure it out now that I've told you there's a message here but hearing it fresh, who sits and pieces together that something like this is dirty? The lyrics go: "All of the boys and all of the girls are begging to If You Seek Amy."

Think about it a second. I'll wait...

Of course, it's all over for the Britney song now. Parents are freaking out, the press is all over it, and word is spreading like wildfire in every elementary school this side of the border. Britney's song will, of course, be a huge hit because everyone will have to hear it. Everyone will have to see the video too, because of Britney's ample bosom, not to mention all of the boys and all of the girls begging to If You See K- Britney.

Got it yet?

Here's the video. You know you wanna watch! Its such a catchy song, why did everyone have to ruin it for me by telling me what her hidden message was?


3 comments:

Lauralee Altice said...

It is pretty creative on her part because it probably wouldn't be played as much and get away with it if it actually was saying the word. The song is catchy

Anonymous said...

Uh?! Why is it controversal? LOL

ha-ha, hee hee, ha-ha, ho!

Heather Atchley said...

I honestly can't stand to listen to her anymore. I did about 2 years ago and then she fell off the bandwagon....plus I just really felt she has no vocal talent. Some songs on the radio I can't even recognize it is her because they have synthesized the voice so much. It could be any white girl singing....I actually change the station when I hear her songs come on. Hate me for it or disagree anyone, but I don't like her!