Sunday, March 8, 2009

You gotta love him

The other day my mom was gone and she had left some ribs she had made the day before. She told Amy to reheat them in the microwave but I guess my dad decided to reheat them in the oven instead. Well he tried to call us all down for dinner, however he came upstairs and saw that I was watching the Bachelor "after the final rose" and he got distracted. He watched about 8 minutes of it and then we went down for dinner only to find that he had left the ribs in a tad too long. We ended up with blackened ribs. They were awful, it was worse than beef jerky. We tried so hard to eat them, but its was very difficult. But we were good sports and we were laughing whole time. That's why my dad doesn't do that cooking.
The last time he tried to cook for us when my mom was out of town he tried to make stew, but he didn't put it in the crock pot long enough. So the vegetables were hard as a rock. He tried speeding up the cooking process by putting the potatoes and carrots in the microwave. I know you are all gagging as we were. It was awful. We still laugh about it to this day.

Photobucket

David loved the burnt ribs lol
Photobucket

4 comments:

Lauralee Altice said...

He would! You know something is pretty bad if David wont eat it! :)
Dean will never forget the first steak he had that dad made either. It was steak tartar!

Unknown said...

LOL aww that's so cute! The first thing I ever made when Rich and I were married was roasted garlic mashed potatoes. Yummy right? WRONG. Instant mashed potatoes and RAW garlic. LOL! Good thing I figured it out :)

Anonymous said...

That's so funny.

Heather Atchley said...

Yeah, he looks real pleased....Microwaving the vegetables...? God bless your poor dad. :)