Sunday, May 10, 2009

Lets talk about love (post revisited)

Its been 7 months since I first visited this topic. Since then the concept of love has been weighing on my mind. First off it was in the form of why don't I blog like I used to. I of course blame the shift in my working schedule. I'm no longer up til 4am, at least, every night, so I'm not up all night thinking. But I also wonder if it had anything to do with my happiness. Ive been hurt a few times this year. One time more severely than the other, but each time I learn and I grow. Ive been hurt, and hurt bad but I'm beginning to thing that I love love. Its not something I would ever call myself an expert at, but Ive had a taste, and I want more. It's a wondrous thing. It's a cure-all. Add a little love to your life and everything else just seems to fall into place. Even if every other aspect of your life sucks, having someone to hold onto, to tell you everything will be ok, makes everything better. I think it's time to let it take over again. Let it rule. Im not writing this to confess that I am in fact IN LOVE, but I am happy. I am very content, so consequently it has me wondering. As time goes by, I find myself unable to trust more and more people, I fear pain that lack of love or the loss of love brings. But I figure, the joy of having love, far outweighs the fear of losing it.
Pon and Zi - Magnet hug Pictures, Images and Photos

There are many different kinds of love. I love my family and I love my friends, but there is just something about having that one person who gets you, and loves you unconditionally. They put up with all those crazy things you do or say that makes you the wacky person that you are. I have decided that true loneliness exists when you have lost love. I used to be fine being single, but all that seemed to change after finally falling in love. What is it about love, that makes being single, feel so wrong?
Lovely Pictures, Images and Photos

Having that one person in your life who is your biggest fan is very fulfilling. I love my family and friends, but they will always be there no matter what (at least I hope they will). It's at least partially due to obligation. Finding someone else in the universe who can't bear to be only your friend and has to have the whole you and is willing to still give you everything that your family and friends give you and so much more is the essential (and difficult) part. I have been fortunate enough to have experienced such love in my life and once I had my taste of it, I am finding it more and more difficult to imagine life without it. Love can kill you, but love can bring you right back to life, too. Love is just too good to pass up. Too good to ignore. Why resist it? Just enjoy it while it lasts and do your best to make it do just that. And if you can't make it last, at least make sure it's not your last one. And hopefully learn from your past mistakes. Do love wrong and the only way to get it back on your side is to take care of it better in the future.

A lot of people wonder why love isn't working for them, but too many people don't do enough work on it themselves. Sure, you might get lucky and stumble upon it, but you have to put in a little effort if you want to keep it going strong. You've simply got to put in the work if you want it to work for you. People, like myself, spend so much time finding reasons not to love, that they miss out on something wonderful right there in front of them. They scare themselves out of it. I have seen it, and done it myself. Or sometimes people start second guessing themselves (myself included) and freak themselves out thinking about why someone loves them instead of just embracing it and enjoying it. A lot of people surely rush into love. That happens all the time. I've seen that, too. But I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about those instances where someone you know truly loves someone and they don't even know it. Or they don't see how much someone truly loves them. Or they won't let themselves get past a certain point. They even almost see it themselves. It's right there. It's so close, but they just can't close the deal, because they're scared or they're just not sure. My advice, and this is only advice as it is something I have had to come to terms with myself, its to trust yourself. Don't worry about putting a time frame on love, love knows no rules or boundaries. You know if something feels right, you don't need someone else to tell you its love. You just know. Its a great feeling, so why fight it? This world would be a whole lot better if we all had somebody to love and who loved us back. For that is the greatest gift of all. I hope that one day, I might have the joy that is love back in my life. And this time to stay.

4 comments:

Snarky Belle said...

Wow. You are one very smart cookie!
I don't really even know what to say to that. WOW!

Lauralee Altice said...

I love love!
I also love that first picture on your post!

BJ said...

Good post. I will just give you a fortune cookie quote: Love will come your way soon.
Hang in there doll! :)
(this was heather, not BJ, I forgot to log out of his user nane!)

Unknown said...

Well and not to mention but love looks good on you.. can't wait to see it again ;) Love you!