Monday, April 6, 2009

My new door

My new back door has finally arrived! My poor mom has been watching my dogs during the week since January when I started my new job because I refuse to leave them all day without being able to be taken out to go the bathroom. The door set me back $250 bucks, and then the dog door was $100 bucks, new molding was $16 bucks. And after all that they wanted $200 bucks to install the darn thing. So I convinced my poor dad to put it in. He spent about 2 1/2 hours working on it on Friday. Only problem was he thought he could just chisel out spots for the hinges and use the old frame. 2 hours later he found out it wasn't really working. So another half hour to clean up the mess only to have to return on Saturday.
On Saturday David and my dad returned at 11 am, and they finally left at 5 after one hour break to go get some more supplies. My poor dad worked hard, but he finally got the door in. It needs a bit of tweaking to fix a few cracks in the molding, but Im very proud of him. For not being so handy he did a great job!

My new dog door

scared of the dog door

Too bad Cooper is scared to use it ever since the flap got installed
Daisy coming in for a visit

But Daisy seems to love it, I have to limit how many times she uses it, otherwise she goes in and out a million times.

5 comments:

Lauralee Altice said...

Silly Daisy! I heard Cooper got hit by the flap in the head after Daisy went through. Poor chicken dog!

Amanda said...

YEAH! Outside doors are usually not easy to install---We learned the hard way:)

Unknown said...

That was fun to be there when it was being installed.. hopefully Cooper gets the hang of it :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I need one of those doors! Way to go Ken!!

Heather Atchley said...

Hahaha....awwwww....dad's are great aren't they? Glad your doggy potty situation is resolved! :)