Monday, February 9, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

This past weekend I had the opportunity to go to the Mavericks vs Bulls game. I was supposed to take my friend Monica but sadly she was sick, so my friend Vance got drug along. It doesn't seem like a guy who have to be drug to a game but I later found out he had NEVER seen a basketball game of any sort of his life. Thankfully it was a game to be remember. The mavericks one by 1 point in over time, it was an absolute blast. Thank you Nancy for the tickets!!!
Sunday I had a meeting with the 1st counselor in the bishopric before church. You are now looking at the new Gospel Doctrine teacher. I know im sure you are as shock as I was. I am not sure what makes them think I will be successful at this, but I guess that is what happens when the Sunday school president and the branch President are your home teachers lol. So I have this week to prepare because I am being thrown to the wolves this coming Sunday.
Now today is Monday and I am in good ole Abilene Texas. After working all day I drove the 3 1/2 hours out here to do some training for the next 3 days. I will be going with some nurses from here and trying to learn the ropes a little better. I hope it helps because I don't like having a good handle on my job. Its quite stressful.

3 comments:

Snarky Belle said...

You will be a wonderful Gospel Doctrine teacher! Good luck! :)

Amy Taylor said...

i like how it says Vance got drug along. Instead of drugged along. lol sounded fun.

Holls said...

Technically it's dragged along...hehe. If he were drugged that'd be a whole different issue...course knowing Vance he prolly was drugged lol