Friday, February 20, 2009

In the blink of an eye...

It would have been a month in two days from now, that I got rear ended driving home from work. Today I was driving in traffic on 635 going to visit a friend. Traffic seemed to be moving pretty well for it being 5 o clock, but the Suburban in front of me slammed on his breaks and I didn't have enough time to react. I slammed on my breaks but guess it wasn't in time, all it did was make the nose of my car dive towards the ground and end up under his bumper.
Photobucket

This picture is from my phone, doesn't really do it justice.
The suburban seriously had like 2 scratches, and my car is smashed to heck. The police officers wouldn't let me drive it home, they said my hood would fly up and cause another accident. Not to mention it was making weird noises and smelt really bad. Right after the accident my chest was hurting really bad. I guess it was from the seatbelt. After about 2 hours my upper back was killing, my arms hurt, my neck hurt and my head hurt. Needless to say I don't feel so hot. However I figured no point in going to the ER, all they will do is give me pain pills and muscle relaxants and tell me the pain is only going to get worse. I already have those because of my back. Sad thing is, I just got 8 shots in my back yesterday to try and help my back pain. They seemed to be helping and had cut my pain in half, but now Im back to major pain again. Of all the luck!

5 comments:

Snarky Belle said...

Oh no!! I am soooooo sorry!!
Sorry you are hurting, but so thankful it wasn't worse! Love you girl!

Lauralee Altice said...

LAME! I'm glad it wasn't worse though! Get feeling better!

Heather Atchley said...

Oh heavens! I guess I should check your blog more often. I wondered about some of your FB comments and this is why! You and your poor car.....you gonna have to get a new one or are you just getting it fixed?

Holls said...

Poor pretty car! And my poor Rachel :(

Paige and Family said...

that sucks so bad! I hope your body starts feeling better! let me know if you need anything!!