Sunday, August 23, 2009

He proposed!

Peter proposed to me yesterday and I said YES!!!!!! (although he told his mom I said no, lol) He told me were were going to take some pictures yesterday. I got all dressed up and went to his house and then he took me to the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens. It was soooo hot but we walked around for a bit. He was pointing out good places to take pictures and telling me how he would come there for lunch sometimes since he works in Fort Worth. We went down by this fountain, and we saw this metal sort of archway. We walked through that to this park bench and sat on that for a bit watching the people around us. Then we went back under the archway. I leaned up against one of the metal bars and told him it would be a cute picture if he did the same. So he humored me and leaned up against the other bar. Then he told me maybe it would be a good picture if I leaned up against the bar and he did this...and he got down on one knee. Bless his heart he was soooo nervous but the ring is the prettiest thing ever. I am the happiest person on the face of the earth. We are getting married in the Dallas Temple on November 20th and will have a reception on November 21st!

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



9 comments:

Megan said...

Congratulations! I am super excited for you... My sister in law is getting married the same day at the same temple. What a small world!

Jennifer Lee said...

Congratulations!

Shippe said...

WOOHOO!!!! Yay I'm so happy for you two-you are a super beautiful couple by the way!

Jules said...

Those pictures are so great! Congratulations!!!

Snarky Belle said...

Oh my gosh!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you. The pictures are wonderful!! :)

shahna said...

Oh Rachel I am sooooo happy for you! Congratulations! The ring is beautiful! I like it because it is different from anything else I have ever seen. Somebody has great taste!

Alison said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!

Holly said...

Completely agree with the comment on the ring. It's gorgeous and I absolutely love that it's different from a traditional engagement ring. He did good! So, did you know it was coming?!?!

Rachel Mohat said...

Thanks everyone, I have been waiting for it for a month. He is particular and it had to be just what he wanted. So I guess it took that long. But I can say it was worth the wait cause its an amazing ring. We are getting married Nov 20th, I can't wait!