Sunday, September 13, 2009

31 years

On Tuesday my parents will be celebrating their 31st anniversary. They are even getting to take a trip together for the first time in their married lives. I can only hope that I can be married for that long and even longer.
Peter's mom is on her third marriage. And when I mentioned that my parents were going to celebrate their 31st anniversary she made some comment along the lines that she could not imagine being married to someone that long. There are just too many compromises, and its just too hard to get a long with a man that long. I just can't believe that someone who is a member of the church can think that way. I want nothing short of being married for 50 plus years. I mean seriously isn't that what marriage is all about? Compromises? If you have gone through life thinking you are going to get your way on everything you have been sorely misinformed. But what better person to compromise with for the sake of happiness than your eternal companion. I am not under any false pretense that marriage will be in any way easy. But I for one, am up for the challenge. I think why bother getting married if you are not in it for the long haul? When you area already planning on finding your way out, that is not a good sign.

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Congratulations to your parents. So when are you going to tell us everything we ever wanted to know about Peter... or did I miss that post?