Sunday, July 5, 2009

A journey to happiness

I often look through my journal from when I attended Ricks college. I wrote in my journal every day when I was there about how I wanted to fall in love and get married. I took an eternal marriage class, and I took a family prep class so it was easily on my mind. But looking back at it now, I was no where near ready for marriage then. I have been through so much who has gotten me to where I am. I was such a different person when it comes to relationships. But all of my past relationships have gotten me to where I am now. A person who is capable of love, something I wasn't even a few short years ago. Anyone who knew me, knew I hated pet names, I hated holding hands, I hated cuddling I hated anything a person who wants to be in love should like. It took time for me. Past relationships to open my heart and teach me things, so that when the right one came along I would be ready.
Without all this previous preparation I wouldn't be where I am today. With the man of my dreams who makes me happier than I have ever been. He sent me an email yesterday that was the sweetest thing ever. He said " I love to see you smile as much as I like making you smile and that is all I ever want to do. I know that life is never simple or that a relationship is not all smiles, but when I am with you that is how I want to make it. You compliment me in ways that I can't even describe like a glove to a hand or a warm blanket in wintertime....it just feel right. I want to be apart of your life, I want a family with you and I want to do anything I can that would make that happen. All I want is for you to be happy and I am willing to try and do everything within my power to fill your life with the joy and happiness you deserve. You mean the world to me you make me very happy I just wanted you to know that."
He is the best thing that has ever happened to me, I am so glad that I found him.
LOVE Pictures, Images and Photos

3 comments:

Heather Atchley said...

How sweet! Congrats girly! So when can we expect an invitation?!

Alison said...

Well said. I think that it what life is all about- learning from all the upsets to appreciate the good things.

Holly said...

Sounds like a keeper!! Can't wait to hear more!