Sunday, August 31, 2008

We are what we eat

I have heard the saying many times before that we are what we eat? I have never understood that saying before. If we are what we eat then we are all pizza, steaks and potatoes? Even if we ate "diet" food who really wants to be thought of as Tofu, rice cakes and carrot sticks? We live in a world of instant gratification and over indulgence. We are all about wanting things and wanting them now. They say that good things come to those who wait, but who has time to wait these days.
I am most definitely in the mindset, when it comes to eating, that I don't want to wait. I don't want to take the time to cook something when I can go out and get someone else to make me something, that probably will taste a million times better than anything I can make at home. I guess I have gotten into that mindset with a lot of my life. I want it and I want it now, who wants to wait for results. That's why diets suck, its not instant results. Its hard to keep up something that is difficult when the results are immediate. I must work on holding out for the good stuff. Life is not always about the here and now. Although the immediate results are what keep you encouraged and working towards your ultimate goal, the end results are what we are to be holding out for. Why would you want a chocolate chip when you could be having a whole dozen cookies?

2 comments:

Summer Adams said...

You are soooo funny!!!!!!!!!! :)

Unknown said...

LOL yep, definitely random ;)