Friday, September 23, 2011

Changes

Today was my last day at my job that I have been at for almost 3 years. While there were small parts of my job that I liked the insane amount of driving was just taking its toll on me. Over the course of the past 4-5 weeks I managed to clock a whoppin 4,000 miles.  Heck I was no longer a nurse but had become a truck driver! I guess it was what it took to get me to start looking for another job. (that and I had interviewed another nurse to work with me who wanted to make $10,000 more than I was making and said that everyone was making that) So 3-4 weeks ago I decided to post my resume on a job site and browse a bit and just see what was out there. I wasn't in a hurry so I could be very picky about what I wanted. I wanted to work for an insurance company or a pharmaceutical company where I could have good benefits, and not travel. So I sent my resume to a few places and then went along my way. Then a little over 2 weeks ago when I was on my one of my many trips to Wichita Falls I got a call from Katy at UnitedHealth Group. She told me she wanted to do a phone interview so I told her if she didn't mind the driving noise in the background we could do it right then and there. It took her a little off guard because she was expecting to have to schedule a time and call me back. Our conversation went really well and left me really excited about the job. She told me I would hear from someone in the Richardson office that day or the next day at the latest. It was hard waiting because the job sounded so good and paid really well, but it took her 2 days to call me back and asked me to come in the next day. I had to call in sick at my current job so that I could go in for this interview because they told me it would take 2-3 hours. It ended up taking 3 hours but I left very confident about the job but I didn't want to get my hopes up. They told me that the person in charge of the hiring was out for the day so I would expect to hear back that Monday or Tuesday.
I didn't hear anything on Monday and I started to get discouraged and then Tuesday rolled around and my boss at my current job told me not to go to Wichita falls the next day but to come to the office instead which was really fishy. Since I had been in 2 car accidents in the company car my boss had told me that there was talk that I could not longer be covered on the company insurance, but I didn't think that was something worth firing over but I still got quite worried. Lucky for me they called later that day and offered me the new job making much more than I was before, and I will have benefits that will cover Peter and the baby as well as myself.  And one of the greatest parts is I get to work from home after 6 months. So no more commuting! I went into work the next day to give me notice and I found out that I was going to be fired because of the insurance thing. So everything worked out for the better. I was definitely being looked after and it proved to me that Heavenly Father loves me and care about me and my situation. Its a lot of changes going on but it will be for the best.

7 comments:

Sabi Sunshine said...

Hey Dear

This is my first time at your blog and would like to be your blog friend.

I think personally whatever happens in life, it happens for the best. If there's no changes in life thn it will very hard for us ti live because it will be so boring life. It's how you manage to accept and take the challenge in positive way. Well I am really gald that you are doing really well and wish you all the best for future.

Keep smiling and world will smile with you.

Love
Sabi Sunshine

Lorri said...

Congrats on the new job! That really is an example of everything working out for the absolute best!

Amanda said...

Good for you on the new job! But where are some pic's of ur baby????? Come on girl!

Rachel Mohat said...

Oh Amanda I made a separate blog for the baby, and then I haven't been good about updating that because I flood facebook with pictures. I think you are the only person who I don't have on my facebook page lol

http://mohatfamily.blogspot.com/

Hosneara Begum said...

I found your website the other day and after reading a handful of posts, thought I would say thank you for all the great content. Keep it coming! I will try to stop by here more often.
http://101management.net/

Solo Tech said...




We Introduce you our new Songs Lyrics Website.Here you can search all kind of pakistani and indian lyrics songs on this website.

Songs lyrics

Unknown said...

Pretty! That was a really wonderful post.
I've to put it here Hardware Store in Lahore