Saturday, February 13, 2010

Love on Valentine's Day

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it...It really is worth fighting for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more." - Erica Jong

In honor of the upcoming Hallmark holiday that is Valentine's Day, I decided to write a blog about love. It's a wondrous thing. It's a cure-all. Add a little love to your life and everything else just seems to fall into place. Even if every other aspect of your life sucks, having someone to hold onto, to tell you everything will be ok, makes everything better.

pon and zi Pictures, Images and Photos


There are many different kinds of love. I love my family and I love my friends, but there is just something about having that one person who gets you, and loves you unconditionally. I have definitely found that in Peter. He puts up with all the crazy things I do or say that makes me the wacky person that I am.

Having that one person in your life who is your biggest fan is very fulfilling. I love my family and friends, but they will always be there no matter what (at least I hope they will). It's at least partially due to obligation. Finding someone else in the universe who can't bear to be only your friend and has to have the whole you and is willing to still give you everything that your family and friends give you and so much more is the essential (and difficult) part. Love is just too good to pass up. Too good to ignore. Why resist it?

Love Pictures, Images and Photos


A lot of people wonder why love isn't working for them, but too many people don't do enough work on it themselves. Sure, you might get lucky and stumble upon it, but you have to put in a little effort if you want to keep it going strong. You've simply got to put in the work if you want it to work for you. The world would be a whole lot better if we all had somebody to love and who loved us back. For that is the greatest gift of all.

I am so happy that I have found the love of my life. He makes me so happy, and makes my life so much more fulfilled. While I don't really enjoy the commercialize holiday of Valentine's Day, I will take any excuse I can get to remind my honey of how much he means to me and how much I truly love him. So while I won't be running out to grab that stuffed gorilla that sings "Wild Thing" I will shout it from the rooftop that I have the love of my life and I am so lucky to have found him. Here's to our first Valentine's Day together. I love you Peter!

Photobucket

No comments: